Thursday, December 8, 2011

High betas, but not quite..

First beta value was 31,080 on 11/21/11, 2nd was 30,719 on 11/23/11,  one week later 38,798 on 11/29/11, then 41,720 on 12/2/2011....WTF???....Slowly rising but no where near doubling.

Why are these numbers playing with my emotions? After my 2nd beta, I cried like never before. How cruel can life be? This week I celebrate 2 losses, the loss of my first child since I am suppose to deliver this week, and now an impending miscarriage. I went home on thanksgiving and had to break the news to my mother. She tried to be hopeful and even prayed over my belly. I hoped that she had a better connection to God because it was clear that we weren't that cool. I came home and also prayed over my belly, every night and every morning.

Had another US on december 2nd, and nothing but an irregularly shaped yolk sac and fetal pole at 8 weeks, measuring 6.4weeks with no heartbeat. DAMN!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment