Monday, September 17, 2012

Transfer day

D-day has finally come. Our 4 embies are still holding strong. My appt was at 12:30pm, and I got to the clinic at about 11:15am with a full bladder. My stomach still feels bloated/painful from stims/ER. I was called back about 12:07pm. The doc came in and basically wanted to transfer 1 embryo. He said based on my age and embryo quality, he feels that I am a good candidate for eSET. Hmmm...but yet I wasn't "qualified" for the shared risk program... Anyway, I decided to go with 2 embies. First because my girl Kiki had the same talk for eSET, and she ended up with a singleton, second, the other 3 were not guaranteed to make it to freeze but they plan on watching it for 2 more days, so I figured if I'm going to possibly lose the anyway, then why not put it back insure and lastly, I wouldn't mind haven't twins. My mom would be ECSTATIC. So 2 were put back in at 12:30pm and now the waiting begins. I PUPO with twins. I'm feeling pretty good besides the abdominal discomfort. I am hopeful. I took today today and tomorrow just to take it easy. I'm not sure if the hoopla about the bed rest is really true. Read somewhere that it really doesn't make a difference, but more for piece of mind. Which make sense because fertiles are not on bed rest. I decided to take an extra day off just for zen. My beta is scheduled for October 1st. I will likely test before then. But without further, meet my babies (the embryologist said "here are picture of your babies", I like the sound of that :-)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being PUPO! Crossed fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from ICLW!! Beautiful Embryos!! Sending you loads of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being PUPO! How many to transfer is such a hard decision. We have done 3 transfers eSET with no BFPs....our next cycle we are moving on to two and praying for it to work! Rest up and I hope to see some good news over here in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from ICLW and sending you lots of sticky baby thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from ICLW! Sending you lots of vibes...congrats on being PUPO!!!

    Best of luck to you and your babies!

    ICLW #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through ICLW, though I myself forgot to sign up this month.

    Wishing you sticky baby dust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone...I think the 1ww is worse than the 2ww

    ReplyDelete