My retrieval was set for 7am, so had to be at clinic at 6:00am. DH came in for the evening to take me and give a fresh sample. I didn't feel too nervous for the day because I was happy with the amount of follicles I had stimulated. Aside from my super elevated e2, I was feeling ok.
When we got there, about 6:11am, we waited in the waiting for about 15min, then were called to pre-op. I then got changed into my gown. The nurse came in to take my vitals, etc, then the anesthesiologist came in. He was actually the same guy I had for my hysteroscopy. I was calm during the whole process. The doc came and introduced himself. I asked him if he were any good at retrievals...hey you never know...he said he was...and that was that.
I was wheeled into the room and went into lala land. When I awoke, I felt a little dizzy with some slight cramping, but overall I felt fine. The doc came in and told me that he was NOT able to get to my right ovary because it was stuck behind my uterus, and had he tried any harder, he could have done some damage to the uterus.....ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??????
Don't get me wrong....at the end of the day, I just want a live baby, and all it takes is one right??? However, we all know that the more you get, the higher your chances. I am grateful that he did not do any damage to get to my right ovary but it still sucked, especially since my right had most of the mature follicles and SEVEN follicles. We ended up getting 5 from the left and I am grateful for that.
We got home and I was feeling fine, and was even going to go into work, but my boss said no. Glad I didn't go because my stomach started hurting pretty bad. I rested for most of the night. Praying for good news in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment