Thursday, February 16, 2012

Saline Sono Done

Had my saline sono yesterday.  It wasn't as unnerving as I thought.  A small fibroid was found in my uterine cavity.  I was a bit surprised because although I have a long history of fibroids, no one has EVER told me that it was in my uterus.  Especially since I asked each time, even during my 2 miscarriages.  How could this have been missed?  Apparently a regular sono does not pick it up since the cavity has to be opened to view anything inside.  But what about when I had a sono during my pregnancy.  It was opened then? Needless to say, I was quite upset at this finding.  Mad for many reasons.  Mad that this wasn't discovered earlier, mad that I waited so long to have children, mad at DH for wanting to wait to have children.  I even called him and yelled at him for it.  I also have to start BCP's to thin my endometrium for the procedure, which I really wasn't happy about.

In hindsight, after being calmed by one of my good girlfriends, it's not the end of the world.  I will have to have a hysteroscopy to remove it, which is an outpt. procedure, and on top of that, if anything else is visualized, like fibroids, scarring, etc it can also be removed.  If this is all I have to contend with, then I'm grateful and it shouldn't prevent me from "trying" next month if every thing else is fine. 

So next week will be HSG and hopefully hysteroscopy (they wanted to schedule for tomorrow, but I have plans ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment