So I cheated. I said I wasn't going to test until the 13th, but ooopsi. I actually had no intentions of testing but I was curious to know this whole Ovidrel/HCG phenom, esp since I was a little nervous about doing it right initially. My first test was on tues, 7 days after taking the injection which was negative. Felt a little bitter sweet about that, because it either meant it had cleared by system, or I didn't do it right. After searching on line, I read that with the 250 mcg, it can leave your system within 7ish days so I felt better.
Then I was having some crampy like sensation, as if AF is coming, now really strong, but still present. My boobs look a little fuller and since I have ALL ACCESS to preggo test at work, I decided to take one this AM when I got to work, which was NOT the FMU and was using a cheapo. Needless to say it was BFN :-(. No worries. I 'm still hopeful. This is technically DPO 9 if I O'ed 2 days after Ovidrel
I think I felt the urgency to test because of this whole insurance crap. Dr. K's office called. they said basically they would have to eat the 50 % cost because I never signed a waiver if insurance doesn't pay. She also send over an application for the shared risk program, which I likely don't qualify for due to income limitations. There is however a general IUI feefor $1600 per cycle, not including meds.. Thats a little better to swallow.
I called my insurance company yesterday and wanted to know how they reconcile the clinical definition with their definition of one year, without an age break down, ie..infertility is defines as no conception x 1 year for those under 35, and 6 months for those 35 and older. They told me all the claim had on it was habitual miscarriage, and thats why it was denied. They said the doc can call and do a "peer to peer review" and get it approved. AND since i'm almost maxed out at my out of pocket max, all covered services would be 100%. YAY!!!!!
So no more testing until...????
No comments:
Post a Comment