Thursday, January 31, 2013

Here we go again....IVF Part Deux!!!

Today is the first day of injections for IVF #2. I'm starting on the same protocol..antagonist with menopur and gonal f.  150mg.  I can't believe that it's been 4 months since my last cycle. I was so anxious for this day to come, but now that it's here, I feel a little blah about it.  The last 4 months of my life has been filled with both sadness and happiness that TTC has really taken a back seat.  I feel almost disconnected with this cycle.  I guess its that reality that sometimes this just doesn't work for some.  Now i'm in no way being a pessimist, but more like a realist.

I was unable to get the laparoscopy for my right ovary because the insurance company refuses to cover it, although I tried to relate it to my h/o fibroids and myomectomy, they wanted me to try lupron first to try and shrink the fibroids or of course, pay for it.  That was not going to happen.  I'll go with this cycle and see what happens.

I was lucky enough to get some donated meds from friends in real life and online so i'm saving a ton of money on meds this cycle.

I started BCP's on Jan 8th.  I went in for my baseline BW and US on 1/28 which I totally forgot about. Like I said, I feel detached. Glad my nurse called me in the morning to come in.  Blood work and US was fine....and I got the green light to go.

I started injections tonight. It is a breeze the 2nd time around.  I'm not as anxious and I know that "it is what it is". I will do my part. The part of daily injections, daily doctor visits, daily vaginal probing and daily blood draws.  I take it all in stride because I know that it is for a greater good.  I've seen first hand the joy that this process can bring, when at the end you are hold that baby... All the injections and probing become a distant memory... So for now I just look to that, the rest is just a necessary evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment